New Firmware for R5/R6/R3

ntblowz

7 minutes ago, gt3rs said:

Of course, one in 17:9 and the other 3:2. I wish the camera could do open gate as it gives even more reframing possibility and better to extract vertical pictures.

10 or 12k square format sensor on my wishlist!

But being serious, I am thinking more and more that after this current season is done, over the Winter I am going to take a good look at maybe a completely new way (for both me and the generally accepted norm) of doing things.

I can’t see any way as a one man band around still using 3 cameras at certain times, but I can see ways of making my capture workflow more accurate and efficient.

Interesting times…

I think I may just have to pick up a used R5 and a lens towards the end of my season and tag along at a colleagues wedding and try just an 8k video and extracted stills workflow.

It will test both the overheating issues and just how much I can pull stills-wise from a horizontal video format.

As above, I’ve pulled stuff off both 4 and 6k, but not shot exclusively to do both (video with the intention of then lifting the stills).

Might try it with my S1R’s actually as I shoot 5k and the footage is excellent…

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs