Felix Summer Box - Short macro film - Otus lenses and 5D Mark III (Magic Lantern)

Zero Landscape

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thank you so much, mercer! That is really great to hear! 🙂

Actually, I purchased a Alexa XT for a feature I am going to make. I still love the 5D and its capabilities. The ease of changing iso, low light, very light camera. It's wonderful, also for macro. The Alexa is way more heavier, and needs a lot of light. Beautiful image, but so is the 5D. Most likely, I will use them both in the future 🙂

Cheers

7 hours ago, Zero Landscape said:

Actually, I purchased a Alexa XT for a feature I am going to make. I still love the 5D and its capabilities. The ease of changing iso, low light, very light camera. It's wonderful, also for macro. The Alexa is way more heavier, and needs a lot of light. Beautiful image, but so is the 5D. Most likely, I will use them both in the future 🙂

Cheers

Thank you for sharing it!

Well, you're obviously very talented, so using an Alexa is the natural progression in my opinion. On this site, we often discuss the 4K+ world we live in, but after shooting on my 5D3 for the past 5 years, I don't know a camera, other than an Alexa or a Red that could quench my thirst for pure image quality.

Good luck with your feature. If your Hitman film is any indication, I'm sure it will be excellent. Please keep us updated on the progress of your feature!

glenn

Thank you so much, mercer / Glenn! It's an honour that you follow my work, and thanks a lot for the nice words! 🙂 Yes, I agree, the 5D is very special. Both for film as for photos, very filmic!

As for the feature, it will indeed have a bit the vibes of the hitman film. It's quite ambigious, also including detailed 3D scenes, so hopefully all will work out 🙂

If you use Instagram, you can follow me on zerolandscape. I haven't updated the feature stuff yet, but will probably do so in the future.

Thanks for the positivity and talk to you soon, Glenn!

Great piece. Cool concept. Three min of joy. It´s an aesthetic and filmmakers nerdom pleasure as well.

On 2/23/2022 at 12:22 PM, Zero Landscape said:

Actually, I purchased a Alexa XT for a feature I am going to make. I still love the 5D and its capabilities.

Looking forward to your film! And teasers in between!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the nerdom and its enthusiams coming from camera lovers is what counts a lot. Cinematography is just as much about the joy of using tools to the best effect just as it is to wonder the marvels of tech and to operate them. Now I get carried away. Anyway, looking forward to more awesomness of yours! I´ve had a desire to make a macro micro short for a while. Your footage and thread might have made me get closer to do that! Perfect! 🙂