Disappointing Panasonic GH5 Mark II specs leak in Japan – Where is the GH6?

Andrew Reid

1 hour ago, herein2020 said:

Don't waver....unless it has something other than DFD AF...😄

Well, if Panny do release a new S1H ii by next Spring, it would be a pretty tough call as both would almost certainly meet my min spec requirements as cameras.

So really, it would be lenses that could make the difference and the one thing I always struggle with for my specific needs, is glass.

This pairing of 10-25 and 25-50 is the closest of anything on the market.

I'm just not a fan of 4/3rds for photography and no way could I go there from FF. APSC, yes, but nope 4/3rds. For video, I have zero preference really and if anything, prefer APSC...which is what I shoot with the S series anyway.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
17 minutes ago, MrSMW said:

Well, if Panny do release a new S1H ii by next Spring, it would be a pretty tough call as both would almost certainly meet my min spec requirements as cameras.

So really, it would be lenses that could make the difference and the one thing I always struggle with for my specific needs, is glass.

This pairing of 10-25 and 25-50 is the closest of anything on the market.

I'm just not a fan of 4/3rds for photography and no way could I go there from FF. APSC, yes, but nope 4/3rds. For video, I have zero preference really and if anything, prefer APSC...which is what I shoot with the S series anyway.

I love my current S5 with EF adapter setup, I interchange my lenses with my 5DIV for photography all the time. As much as I love Panny, I just don't see any scenario that would get me to buy another body at this point even though I still have my GH5 and MFT glass.  

The glass is really my biggest challenge as well. Right now I have every lens I need for every situation I could encounter for either video or photography 24-70, 24-105, 70-200, 50mm prime, 16-35, and 24mm prime; they are all EF mount FF, nothing out there is worth the glass switch for me; not even the R series; I will admit I am interested to see what the R1 has to offer, but after the R5 debacle I'm pretty satisfied with my 5DIV for photography and no AF for video.