Nikon V3 features 120fps HD video

Andrew Reid

Andrew I think that is you who should make an interview with this Nikon man Mr. Tetsuya Yamamoto. Starting direct dialog would be very refreshing because we share the very same passion for same thing and we finaly can get out from our trenches and dont feel like enemies anymore. ;-)

http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2014/02/14/nikon-qa-head-of-development-sees-interchangeable-lens-slowdown-as-an-aberr

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Now I know why my V1's video is so amazing! Full sensor read-out in a 2010 camera!

You mean a 2011 camera whose 1080p video footage has lower measured resolution than a 2009 mirrorless camera (Panasonic GH1).  And a substantially lower DxO score as well (54 for the V1 vs 64 for the GH1).

You mean a 2011 camera whose 1080p video footage has lower measured resolution than a 2009 mirrorless camera (Panasonic GH1).  And a substantially lower DxO score as well (54 for the V1 vs 64 for the GH1).

DxOMark is only for stills, not video.

Michael

Why would someone buy this camera over a gh3 or an rx10 ? It seems to be a waste of perfectly good manufacturing facilites to me. If Nikon thinks that 3 seconds of 720/120p is a revolutionary cinema camera, we aren't living on the same planet.

Still 40 frames max, but that actually means it has a bigger buffer since the megapixels increased... Would be nice if it had a Small Raw mode at 4,6 megapixel (18,4 : 4) for 160 frames...

Small raw mode would take this camera to another level

• 4 weeks later...