THE LAKES (AIVASCOPE 1.5x anamorphic lens with Canon FD 35mm f2 paired with Speedbooster)

Sebastien Farges

THE LAKES (AIVASCOPE 1.5x anamorphic lens with Canon FD 35mm f2 paired with Speedbooster)

this is my fourth film test with the new Aivascope 1.5x anamorphic lens on my Panasonic GH4, paired with Canon FD 35mm f2 and Metabones Speedbooster.

The Aivascope anamorphic 1.5x lens is a very sharp lens working great with some of my primes. It’s a single focus lens (you do the focus on it and let the prime on infinity). The speed booster gave sharper, faster and wider shots paired with the prime Canon FD 35mm f2.

If my calculation is good it gives a (35mm X 2,34) : (1,5x) X 0,71x) = 38mm (in the width) « 35mm equivalent » with 1.8 aperture

In this 4th movie you will see different shots done with (Canon aperture from wide open f2 to f4) : 

GH4 4K uhd (no CC) 24p + Aivascope 1.5x anamorphic lens with Canon FD 35mm f2 on Metabones Speedbooster

I’ve used a Starblitz variable ND lens, on the GH4 the picture mode is on « portrait » with slight ajustments.
I did no color corrections at all.
Thanks for watching.

Heres is the characteristics of the Aivascope 1.5x lens :
Designed for Full Frame systems. Recommended taking lenses for full frame (16:9 aspect ratio) from 50mm to 90mm Single focus From 80cm to infinity. Non rotating front element. Focus ring rotate 190 degrees. Lens mounting clamp 52mm Filter size 82mm Weight 700 gr. Integrated focus gear.
Price : 2 250,00 € 

Aivascope facebook page : facebook.com/aivascope/

thanks to Aivascope, Hayley and her daughter, Nina, Allan and Mika.

a Seb Farges Movie
music : ”Ag Anda” from Sigur Ros
24th july, 2019

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs