Best timelapse app for your phone?

Amazeballs

I am going to get a new phone with the idea to shoot HDR timelapses and hyperlapses behind it. Gimbal will be Moza mini mi. What I want to know is which app is the best to do it?

I need:

- ability to shoot less then 1 sec intervals (better up to 0.1 sec)

- ability to shoot in full manual mode controlling my shutter and aperture

- ability to shoot in HDR mode via blending exposures

-  shooting at full mpx resolution insted of merging it into video, I just want original jpegs

Does this app exists?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, Amazeballs said:

Yes I should have mentioned it - Android. No Procam here. I've done like couple of hours intensive googling and still didnt find any app that manages to do HDR timelapses. Which is insane. 

Yeah, odd.

You'd think that it would be a pretty standard kind of app - it's not a complicated problem "I want high quality sunset timelapses" or a difficult challenge technically (a quick burst of multiple exposures with heavy exposure bracketing every <interval> and a combine algorithm).  

I'm sure @BTM_Pix could do with another project?

• Super Members
25 minutes ago, kye said:

I'm sure @BTM_Pix could do with another project?

Yes because I'm getting a bit bored of juggling all of my other unfinished symphonies.

This is a pretty comprehensive camera app that does the capture end of it but you still need to do the merge in an external app but thats no bad thing in terms of the extra finessing standalone HDR merge apps provide.

https://www.camerafv5.com/tutorials/hdr_tutorial.php

ABout FV5 - for me it is still a pita in terms of time and effort waisted on doing manual stiching. Not an out of the box solution. I think I might found a solution though - an app called intervalometr. It acts as a companion app that lets you shoot timelapses with other apps acting as sort of a bridge. Will do some testing later. 

For iOS you may try Skyflow. 

If it's any help, Resolve automatically treats image sequences as clips, so converting them to a video clip can be as easy as dragging in the image sequence (which looks like a clip) to the timeline, then hitting the export button and choose a preset and it will export.

IIRC you can't export more than UHD with the free version, but it's an option for converting if you don't have anything better at your disposal.  Plus if you want to colour grade then it's the best colour engine in the business.

One caveat is that I don't know what RAW image formats it understands, so that might be a stumbling block potentially.

8 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Yes because I'm getting a bit bored of juggling all of my other unfinished symphonies.

Good think I volunteered you then!!

I'll keep you in mind for everything else I see wrong with the world ???