Nikon Z6, Canon 1DXMK2 & Canon C200... Playing Nice Together

DBounce

I've been playing around with multicam using the C200, 1DXMK2 and Nikon Z. All three cameras can be made to match well enough. The Nikon's 10 bit footage can be manipulated a fair bit. The Ninja V always needs to be switched to the correct camera settings... which is a nuisance. I learned the Sound Devices MixPre 6 cannot record trigger from HDMI.; apparently a bug.

Overall I'm liking the output from the Nikon. I'm sure I was doing something wrong with the AF... granted I was trying to set it from behind the screen. I'll use the app next time. The 1DXMK2 is set and forget.  It nails AF and doesn't let go. You don't know what good AF is until you have used the 1DXMK2. Frankly for AF, it is the best I have ever used. 

The C200 is of course a C200... it just works and delivers.  I'm considering using the 8 bit. I might do some test to understand what one gives up in doing so. 

Anywho... here's some footage of me rambling...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

There is no Mandela Effect. It is that you are mistaken, simple as that. And the older you get the more mistaken you get unfortunately. When you are younger is really could be called the you are full of shit syndrome. When you get old you just have Altimeters Disease. So when you are young you a crazy, and when you are old you are forgiven for being crazy. ?

17 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

There is no Mandela Effect. It is that you are mistaken, simple as that. And the older you get the more mistaken you get unfortunately. When you are younger is really could be called the you are full of shit syndrome. When you get old you just have Altimeters Disease. So when you are young you a crazy, and when you are old you are forgiven for being crazy. ?

Well there is the inconvenient fact that the search analytics seem to support the idea that a change has occurred. And of course the remnants. But I waste my breath. Only the affected know they are affected... the non affected cannot be convinced otherwise. We can agree to disagree. But that said the Z6 does seem to be holding up quite well. I’m not seeing the banding issues that some are reporting... but then again my purpose is not to seek ways to break the footage, so maybe that’s why? I believe you need to work within the limitations... everything has limits... some are higher than others.

40 minutes ago, DBounce said:

From the Atomos. 

Probably the fault of Atomos for not passing along the trigger?

Curious as to if the MixPre itself direct from the Nikon will start/stop. 

Although that is a bit pointless if you need to use all three at once (Z6/MixPre/Atomos).