NobeDisplay - preview monitor enabler for Resolve without BMD hardware!

majoraxis

Hi,

I wanted to use a second monitor with Resolve as a preview monitor.  I hooked up a second monitor and selected Dual Monitors, which gave me more controls on the second screen, which is useful, but not what I was hoping to achieve. I searched the internet to see if there was a configuration option I had missed and there wasn't. As it stands with Resolve 15.2 and lower, it will not output to a second display as a preview monitor unless you have Blackmagic's hardware (actually you the can "tear off" the preview monitor in the Fairlight page, but I wanted it for the color grading page).

...then I found a program called NobeDisplay by Time In Pixels.  The software runs as an OpenFX plugin inside of Resolve.  You use it by inserting it on a node in the timeline view of node section of the color page.  This plugin taps off of the video data stream that represents your preview in Resolve.  At 19.99€ it is worth trying the demo to see if you find it useful/compatible for your system configuration.  My configuration is an iMac with a second display via DisplayPort so I did not need Blackmagic Design's hardware to physically connect a second monitor.  https://timeinpixels.com/nobe-display/

Thanks!

Mark

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
11 hours ago, majoraxis said:

Hi,

I wanted to use a second monitor with Resolve as a preview monitor.  I hooked up a second monitor and selected Dual Monitors, which gave me more controls on the second screen, which is useful, but not what I was hoping to achieve. I searched the internet to see if there was a configuration option I had missed and there wasn't. As it stands with Resolve 15.2 and lower, it will not output to a second display as a preview monitor unless you have Blackmagic's hardware (actually you the can "tear off" the preview monitor in the Fairlight page, but I wanted it for the color grading page).

...then I found a program called NobeDisplay by Time In Pixels.  The software runs as an OpenFX plugin inside of Resolve.  You use it by inserting it on a node in the timeline view of node section of the color page.  This plugin taps off of the video data stream that represents your preview in Resolve.  At 19.99€ it is worth trying the demo to see if you find it useful/compatible for your system configuration.  My configuration is an iMac with a second display via DisplayPort so I did not need Blackmagic Design's hardware to physically connect a second monitor.  https://timeinpixels.com/nobe-display/

Thanks!

Mark

This is very interesting to me. What kind of performance do you get with and without it enabled? I would imagine there would be a performance hit when running it (as the BM hardware solutions would also impose I imagine).