DaVinci Resolve Cropping Image

DBounce

I have been using DaVinci Resolve for a bit now. When I shoot in anamorphic I will often choose an academy scope aspect ratio. However, I have noticed that if I do this, and then go in to Fusion to add some film grain that when I return to the Edit tab, my footage will be cropped on the left and right with black bars on either side, constraining it to a 16x9 aspect ratio. Nothing seems to restore the original aspect ratio. If I zoom, it merely zoom without expand to fill the frame. The left and right black bars remain.

Does anyone know why this should be? 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Have you posted in the BM forums?  

Those forums are good because that's where the real power users hang out but I've definitely noticed that it's mainly people helping each other, and BM typically fix it in a future release or just leave people hanging with bugs that don't get fixed over many many releases.  BM are more focussed on fast development rather than taking their time to make every release polished and super stable.  I guess that's the price for the crazy number of features they provide for the price.