Jump to content

NX1 and Davinci Resolve Issue


Recommended Posts

When I import footage into Davinci Resolve it has some kind of color bleeding or casting all around the trees and other objects. Here is screenshot of problem: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s41yb4w8rfc4n26/Screenshot 2018-06-10 06.37.29.png?dl=0

Here is another screenshot of the issue just take a look at the car it looks crazy bad and nothing like the original footage: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydzbv8pfthldynm/Screenshot 2018-06-10 07.15.22.png?dl=0

 

Here screenshot of the original footage of car with no color issues: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lg5qb11bgn3trsw/Screenshot 2018-06-10 07.20.32.png?dl=0

This doesn't appear in footage when playing it back on PC in windows media player but only when I import it into Davinci Resolve.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try Rocky Mountain Converter. Has ProRes options. https://sourceforge.net/projects/rockymountainsmovieconverter

For those using a PC with Windows, I highly recommend Dali Mustache for converting NX1 footage.  It does a great job capturing the full data range of your original files. I purchased a licensed v

Ah, interesting, I didn't see this when I posted before. Good to know! Also, incidentally, I was just playing with the H.265 clips from the Z Cam E2 and they worked flawlessly in Resolve Free on

On 6/11/2018 at 2:01 AM, SGPhotography said:

I can confirm this. I think it's an NX1 HEVC thing, I should convert to ProRes and try again.

On 6/11/2018 at 7:13 AM, capitanazo said:

same too... ? i was looking the posibility to change from premiere to davinci but this issue make me to rethink it.

 

Wow so it sounds like I am not alone on this painful issue. Does prores open in Davinci Resolve? Also what programs do you recommend for converting to prores that are free for windows?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2018 at 3:29 PM, capitanazo said:

i use the adobe media enconder plus miraizon proress codec(cgpersia version) and i never have problems.

the other alternative is to convert to .mxf files.

Can you make a video on the process to convert files? Also does this affect the ability to color grade footage? I don't want to lose the control over editing footage by converting and overly compressing footage and losing quality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2018 at 9:00 PM, capitanazo said:

sorry i cant, but just search about dnxhd codec from avid, there are codecs like lb that is like proxy i guess and you have others with major color sampling and quality.

and convert to it with ame

Try Rocky Mountain Converter. Has ProRes options.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/rockymountainsmovieconverter

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2018 at 3:29 PM, capitanazo said:

i use the adobe media enconder plus miraizon proress codec(cgpersia version) and i never have problems.

the other alternative is to convert to .mxf files.

Can you make a video on the process to convert files? Also does this affect the ability to color grade footage? I don't want to lose the control over editing footage by converting and overly compressing footage and losing quality.

 

I tried pavtube software and that seems to get the job done to get it in prores.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 2:01 AM, Allen Smith said:

 

Just tried it, ProRes is fine, I gave it a moment to produce the proxies but it's no problem whatsoever. Same with H264. What I want to do now is so a comparison between grading of ProRes and HEVC to see which one leaves more leeway. Not that it matters much, I whacked a few of the Resolve LUTS on the timeline and it could be pushed all over the place. ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those using a PC with Windows, I highly recommend Dali Mustache for converting NX1 footage.  It does a great job capturing the full data range of your original files.

I purchased a licensed version, but the only limitation on the free trail is converting one file at a time. I convert my NX1 footage to DNXHR HQ... it's a little overkill, but I don't want to loose anything.

http://hdcinematics.com

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Allen Smith @SGPhotography

 Do you all have Resolve free or studio? What version of Windows?

I normally run Resolve Studio on my desktop, where I have no issues with native NX1 files. I've been using it with v14 and up to beta 7 of v15. My desktop runs Windows 8.1.

However, today I used Resolve free (v15) on a friend's laptop running Windows 10 and I saw the color bleeding. I wonder if the problem is exclusive to the free version? Or whether it's only with Windows 10?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, KnightsFan said:

@Allen Smith @SGPhotography

 Do you all have Resolve free or studio? What version of Windows?

I normally run Resolve Studio on my desktop, where I have no issues with native NX1 files. I've been using it with v14 and up to beta 7 of v15. My desktop runs Windows 8.1.

However, today I used Resolve free (v15) on a friend's laptop running Windows 10 and I saw the color bleeding. I wonder if the problem is exclusive to the free version? Or whether it's only with Windows 10?

how did you get footage into resolve free? The free version of resolve for windows lacks HEVC h.265 support last I checked. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mnewxcv said:

how did you get footage into resolve free? The free version of resolve for windows lacks HEVC h.265 support last I checked. 

It appears to be supported in Resolve 15 free, running on Windows 10. I know H.265 did not work in Resolve 14 free--in fact, H.265 support was the sole reason I bought studio in the first place!

 

Edit: For clarification... when I first read this topic, I assumed everyone was running 14 Studio. Yesterday when I tried in 15 free, I noticed the issue, so I wondered if perhaps everyone here was using the 15 beta.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KnightsFan said:

It appears to be supported in Resolve 15 free, running on Windows 10. I know H.265 did not work in Resolve 14 free--in fact, H.265 support was the sole reason I bought studio in the first place!

 

Edit: For clarification... when I first read this topic, I assumed everyone was running 14 Studio. Yesterday when I tried in 15 free, I noticed the issue, so I wondered if perhaps everyone here was using the 15 beta.

I will have to take a look. I have resolve 15 and I believe all my clips load in as audio only. I just thought it wasn't supported. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mnewxcv said:

I will have to take a look. I have resolve 15 and I believe all my clips load in as audio only. I just thought it wasn't supported. 

Huh, that's odd. What operating system?

On a related note, my NX1 files are ALSO glitching out in Premiere on this laptop; there's this weird wavy noise pattern on top of the image. Again, these same files work perfectly in both Premiere and Resolve on my desktop. So maybe Windows 10 is to blame? Or maybe it's a hardware issue related to GPU acceleration?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KnightsFan said:

Huh, that's odd. What operating system?

On a related note, my NX1 files are ALSO glitching out in Premiere on this laptop; there's this weird wavy noise pattern on top of the image. Again, these same files work perfectly in both Premiere and Resolve on my desktop. So maybe Windows 10 is to blame? Or maybe it's a hardware issue related to GPU acceleration?

I'm on windows 10, but no issues in premiere..... are you able to post a picture of the noise pattern? Is it during playback only?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...