Jump to content

BM Ursa Focal Reducer "Speed Booster" Prototype.


lucabutera
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, 7 Lakes said:

Chromatic aberration shows up in the trees and TV antenna.

No. I think you're looking at 4k with a small youtube window. I recommend watching the movie in full screen! The Speed Booster lens does not add any artifact, rather it increases the light on the sensor by improving the dynamic range and decreasing the noise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, 7 Lakes said:

Genio! So, if it works on Ursa it should also work on Ursa Mini Pro?! Can you share a photo of how it looks like? :)

Sorry, it works on Ursa Mini 4k and Ursa Mini 4.6k.
The Ursa mini 4.6k Pro is different, has an interchangeable mounting and ND built-in filter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, lucabutera said:

The Ursa mini 4.6k Pro is different, has an interchangeable mounting and ND built-in filter.

Hm, but interchangeable lens mount and ND filter should have no influence at all!? The lens mount is the same EF and ND filter does not interfere too, I guess?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 7 Lakes said:

Hm, but interchangeable lens mount and ND filter should have no influence at all!? The lens mount is the same EF and ND filter does not interfere too, I guess?

The internal ND filters may be quite close to the mount thus interfering with the optics of the focal reducer ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, zerocool22 said:

Let me know when you got it working on a ursa mini pro!

This gadget could bring someone to choose the mini ursa 4.6k instead of the Ura mini Pro, since the Magicbooster turns the Ursa Mini 4.6k into Mini Ursa Full Frame Camera.
I do not know if it is possible to build it for the Ura mini Pro because the ND filter mechanism that could hurt or prevent assembly.
My limit is that to build an adapter I have to buy a camera each time because I need to have it in my hand for testing.
After I built the NX-L adapter on Samsung NX1 I wanted to apply my experience on a professional video camera and I preferred to start with the cheapest in the Pro industry.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lucabutera said:

This gadget could bring someone to choose the mini ursa 4.6k instead of the Ura mini Pro, since the Magicbooster turns the Ursa Mini 4.6k into Mini Ursa Full Frame Camera.
I do not know if it is possible to build it for the Ura mini Pro because the ND filter mechanism that could hurt or prevent assembly.
My limit is that to build an adapter I have to buy a camera each time because I need to have it in my hand for testing.
After I built the NX-L adapter on Samsung NX1 I wanted to apply my experience on a professional video camera and I preferred to start with the cheapest in the Pro industry.

 

Yeah I understand, well I already got the pro and a lot of users upgraded as well. The ursa mini 4.6k is a bit older, so the ump will be sold a lot longer, hence there will be a bigger market for it. So no reason for me to switch back, the ND's + IR are really handy. Yeah if you come to Belgium you can test on mine. But I reckon there are some other UMP shooters in Italy that can help you out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Yeah I understand, well I already got the pro and a lot of users upgraded as well. The ursa mini 4.6k is a bit older, so the ump will be sold a lot longer, hence there will be a bigger market for it. So no reason for me to switch back, the ND's + IR are really handy. Yeah if you come to Belgium you can test on mine. But I reckon there are some other UMP shooters in Italy that can help you out. 

In fact, I think that the variable nd filters can be added to the lens, while you can not add a focal reducer to Ursa Mini Pro.
The Ursa mini 4.6k is still sold new in many stores, with the price difference ($ 1,500.00) you can have an Ursa Mini 4.6k + Magicbooster and ND variable filter and you'll have money in your pocket ..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2017 at 10:23 AM, lucabutera said:

hi, isn't this a risk for the people funding this product-


"Choose rewards or the amount to support the project and pay by credit or prepaid card. The project’s author will keep the whole of the collected amount even in the case of the total budget not being achieved by the set deadline.  "Modalità keep it all “"
 

paul

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...