Single Focus Anamorphics

Caleb Corlett

I'm looking at starting to shoot anamorphic, and I'm trying to figure out what to get. Camera lenses, projector lenses, adapters? 
I really want to buy a single focus lens/adapter, cause I don't want to bother with dual focus. 

What are some options out there that will allow me to start shooting anamorphic with an a7s ii? 

Cheers, 
Caleb

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well the A7S II is not the best camera for anamorphic shooting it has no 4:3 mode. I would opt a ursa mini 4.6k/pro or even a GH5. 

Single focus anamorphics lenses are not cheap though. You got the slr magic anamorphics, Around 2600€ per lens. But I don't like their look.I would go for some vintage lomo's. But they are also a lot more expensive.  

If you want to work with adapters. Get the Rectilux hardcore DNA and see video below for some cheap anamorphic adapters.

5 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Well the A7S II is not the best camera for anamorphic shooting it has no 4:3 mode. I would opt a ursa mini 4.6k/pro or even a GH5. 

Single focus anamorphics lenses are not cheap though. You got the slr magic anamorphics, Around 2600€ per lens. But I don't like their look.I would go for some vintage lomo's. But they are also a lot more expensive.  

If you want to work with adapters. Get the Rectilux hardcore DNA and see video below for some cheap anamorphic adapters.

You can use a 1.5x anamorphic which is designed for 16x9 and that should work pretty well with the A7SII. But TBH, I ditched my A7RII awhile back. While I could opt to use the Canon, I feel the GH5 is best for the task, as it is designed for anamorphic. The only thing it is missing is in-camera desqueeze... and since it is fairly trivial to add it, I cannot understand the omission. If they really wanted to go above and beyond they could add lens profiles also, for popular lenses. I would pay for such and upgrade, as I am sure many other would also.