C200 RAW editing workflow first test

gt3rs

Today I did a quick test to see how easy is to edit C200 RAW files with Resolve 14 beta 5 and what kind of machine it would be needed.

I tested it on a Asus gaming notebook with i7 7700 HQ and NVidia GTX 1070 8 GBVRam , 512 SSD, 16 GB ram, ca 1800 USD machine.

Resolve see the .CRM files like normal video files and it is able even on a notebook to play back the 4k 25p RAW lite file in real-time. Editing is fast with very fast scrubbing so no need to convert them for editing. Lite grading (color wheels, MD boost, saturation, contrast, sharpening, power window) is possible in real time on 4k timeline. For more complex stuff like NR on this notebook you need to enable proxy (flag to enable 1/2 resolution in Resolve, it does not generate or use proxy file) or change the timeline temporarily to fullHD for real-time preview. The main bottleneck is the CPU reaching 100% with a more complex grade with NR... For a 6 core i7 with GTX 1080 should not be a problem up to medium grading

As expected if you have a powerful enough machine and you are a Resolve user you can edit natively the RAW Lite in real-time. I'm quite sure that 4k 60p the notebook will not be able to do it in real-time but the only RAW lite that I found are 4k 25p.

One thing that at the moment it seems not possible it is to change the WB or the ISO on the RAW Lite in Resolve because the Camera Raw tab is disabled but I'm not sure, anyone have an idea?

Untitled.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs