Nikon struggling to match Samsung NX500 stills quality with 2 year head start

Andrew Reid

14 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Welll.... that is one way to misinterpret it and put a massive negative spin on the situation! 

All they're doing is further expanding the range of D750 that they're accepting back.
That is *not* the same as a recalling it for the 3rd time.

PetaPixel used the "3rd time" in its title. DPReview word was "expands". We know which one is more interested in clickbait. 

The good side of it is that they took the issue that could only affect a few number of users very seriously, and replace the shutter even if warranty is expired. The ugly side is the range of this expansion, which is nearly a year, that brings a question how its even possible to NOT notice new batch of component has same problem of the previous batch, for a year! 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
14 hours ago, Eric Calabros said:

The ugly side is the range of this expansion, which is nearly a year, that brings a question how its even possible to NOT notice new batch of component has same problem of the previous batch, for a year! 

I think they're doing it to reassure users that everyone is covered? But the PR is back firing on them. Sadly, do good... yet get hated for it! Sigh. 

• 1 year later...

I've taken countless photos and videos with both my NX500 & NX1 for amateur and pro work. With the passing of time, the hacks and various suggestions I've got the cameras right where I want them to be. I've owned various other systems including Nikon, Canon and Sony, past and present and after 4 years nothing else matters as much as the cameras I have on my hand right now. To me, had Samsung continued in the camera business they would have destroyed the competition, just like 4 years ago. That is my own opinion but am happy with my opinion.