Breaking Point | Short shot on GX85 with Cine-D

CommonSimpleFilms

I shot a short film for the Rode contest recently here (vote for it too please if you liked it!): https://www.rode.com/myrodereel/watch/entry/4364

I used my GX85 with the Cine-D mod by @BTM_Pix and it worked great! Lenses used were the Voigtlander 17.5mm, SLR Magic 35mm f/0.95 and (mostly) the Rokinon 85 with Metabones XL Speedbooster. I was really happy with the look and how everything turned out. I did accidentally shoot on Portrait for a couple clips (not sure how, but I may have subconsciously switched it to "movie mode" instead of "C" where my Cine-D mode was saved on). I loved being able to shoot with such a small camera, and I intentionally tried to bring as little gear as possible to just keep things simple and not have to worry about which lens I should be using all the time!

I was definitely pleasantly surprised at how well the audio turned out too. I used Rode Lavaliers and was surprised at how I did not get any wind noise and barely any rustling sounds from clothing.

Let me know what your thoughts are and if you had any questions for me. I'll be happy to answer them!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs