German/ European Warranty Duration? - Canon C100 MkII

User

Hello to the German members here, I know there a few.

I bought a C100 MkII in Berlin in November 2015 and have a small issue with the camera out in the heat and filth of Asia.
I'm curious if a German can tell me how long a camera like this is normally covered under warranty?
I seem to remember Germans/ Europeans get an extra 1 year extra warranty compared to their North American counterparts.
Any thoughts?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If you kept the receipt of the shop where you've buyed it, the seller gives you 2 years warranty (that's German law).

If you registered the camera with CPS, just call Canon Germany and discuss with them a solution (if you don't live in Germany). Canon has a quite good service...

Click here to go with CPS. Good luck.

Also keep in mind that there's two different warranties in Germany. I'm not lawyer so that's my basic knowledge and might be a bit off:

The first is the voluntary one (Garantie) that is usually given by the manufacturer, e.g. all that register your camera and get extra guarantee mambo jambo.

The second is the legally given warranty (Gewährleistung) that is between you and the vendor and for 2 years. For the first 6 months the vendor has to prove that the problem (or its cause) didn't exist when he sold you the equipment, after that you have to prove that it already existed when you received the goods, which is borderline impossible.