The Fate of the Furious - Review

jcs

My good friend Elena Diaz was in Furious 7 and we got to meet the cast & crew at Tyrese's house- truly down to earth people who are grateful for the opportunity to make these fun films.

ElenaCody.thumb.jpg.0738245400bbdeb2c7050c1b2a41a047.jpg

jcs_mr.thumb.jpg.e5bcae8f8bec825acba2c45f365f5f53.jpg

We watched The Fate of the Furious at the Arclight in Santa Monica in 'Widescreen' with Dolby Atmos audio (killer 3D sound). Most of the time a bigscreen and surround sound at home is good enough, however this kind of movie is totally worth it in this kind of theater. When you meet people in person you get a sense of their energy, and it comes across on the screen. They had a blast making this movie and it translates in their performances. I have to say this is the most ridiculous, over-the-top silly video-game-like-movie I have seen to date: something like the ending of ConAir or Armageddon, except for almost the entire movie. At the same time they sneak in good messages and the jokes are many and well done.

The camera work, special effects (tons of practicals!), and fight scenes rival the best that have ever been done. They used the ARRI Alexa XT Plus, Sony F55, Red Weapon Dragon, Black Magic Micro Cinema, along with Zeiss Ultra Prime / Compact Prime, Fujinon Premier Cabrio and Angenieux Optimo Lenses , and it looked f@cking amazing! Go watch it- leave your brain at home and bring your friends and a smile! :) 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs