Sign in to follow this  
Boris M

X-T2 HD Video strange deformation

Hi guys,

A few weeks ago I bought an X-T2, mainly for stills but as a video tool too. Yesterday evening I was making my first real video test shooting : my son presenting a magic trick.

Apart the poor choice of profile and the exposition aproximation (light was going down fast) a few of the clips shows some strange "flickering"  at the hedges of the picture  as you can see there, straight out from cam  :

The majority of other clips are looking normal, there were shot with the same settings, except for focal lenght  minor apperture or Iso changes. Settings were FHD 25 P, Velvia profile with -2 in hi, low lights and sharpness (trst purposes), iso 200 to 320, 1/50s, F5.6. Good Transcend 600x SDXC card (never showing problem with lumix gh3). The X-T2 was in boost mode. The only thing that I can think of if that the battery (original np126s) was running low at this moment. I changed it a few time after, but before the camera shuted down. My other track is the OIS I forgot to turn off, I know that it 's sometimes bad when on a tripod but that bad ?

I did not succed in reproducing the problem. Wich in a certain way is a bad thing as the reason is still unknown. For this shooting  its not a problem but it's not good for trust in gear you need to have for critical and pro aplications.

It look like if the lens correction was going on and off... Have you experienced something similar ? What do you think of it ? I'm new to Fuji and I already know the limitations of X-T2 as a video tool  but I'm not new to video and never seen something like that.

Thanks for your looks and thinks.

Boris

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By thebrothersthre3
      Looking to get an X-T2 would also be interested in a battery grip Meike brand works too.
    • By julienajarry
      Hey all! I want to share this trailer for Sennheiser's Pro Talk Season 2 I shot using a Sony FS7, A7iii and A7sii.
      Two weeks before the shoot I decided I wasn't happy with my current slog3 workflow and wanted to change it up. I found Pro Color V3 (at the time, V4 was not out yet) and gave it a shot. I loaded it up on the A7sii and A7iii, barely made a few tweaks to both to match them up, give me a great result and bam. I was sold. I then created a preset in FCPX (yea I edit on FCPX for now) that took my FS7 slog3 footage and popped it into Pro Color V3 matching the other two cameras perfectly. So my new flow is like this, Pro Color on the A7 series cameras and the FS7 shoots slog3, I then match the FS7 to the A7 series cameras in post and work from there. The reason why I needed Pro Color in my life was because I had these beautiful little A7 series cameras but couldn't use them to their full (small) potential shooting slog3. I didn't want to have to tote around an external monitor, etc. There's a lot more to say but I'll leave it at that. Way more to come. Enjoy.

• By julienajarry
      Hey all, jumping right in here on the forums to share my work shot using Pro Color!

I've come from the Canon world but now love my Sonys. Pro Color was a God-sent and I am fully embracing it!
      More to come but in the meantime please see this short video of a buddy of mine fishing shot handheld on the new Sony A7iii using a Nikkor 35mm f1.4 ai-s and 105mm f2.5 ai-s. V3 Pro Color was installed on the camera as at the time of filming V4 was not yet out. I applied a Lut of mine, Tenkara, you can grab from my website.
      Thanks Andrew for making these killer profiles!

• By DaveAltizer
      For sale is a slightly used Canon SL2. I'm a reviewer on YouTube and bought this camera for a review. So if you buy this, you're getting a very lightly used camera. 

The SL2 has all the modern features from Canon. Dual Pixel AF and Digic 7 processor. I love the small size of this camera. 

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Thanks!