Andrew Reid

Canon 1D X Mark II review part 1 - why superior colour means it's game over for my Sony A7S II

14 hours ago, Snowbro said:

It does it with pixel binning or line skipping I heard. Also extreme internal over sharpening, even when set to the lowest (can't say for sure, dont have the camera)

The Z6 is full readout with no line skipping or pixel binning. You are thinking of the Z7 which does do that.

The downsides are poor RS, external Log only and it appears the AF becomes unusable with Log on.

So yeah there still is no perfect hybrid mirrorless for video today. Maybe next gen Canon/Nikon/Sony..

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 1/6/2019 at 12:18 PM, Django said:

The Z6 is full readout with no line skipping or pixel binning. You are thinking of the Z7 which does do that.

The downsides are poor RS, external Log only and it appears the AF becomes unusable with Log on.

So yeah there still is no perfect hybrid mirrorless for video today. Maybe next gen Canon/Nikon/Sony..

Though you can get internal log with custom profiles, which is a plus for me. The next generation Nikon and the A7SIII will be interesting. Panasonic's release in March could be interesting too though I am thinking they'll just drop the ball on auto focus.