BMCC warranty?

enny

Hi guys thanks for reply quick question i am in the process of buying one from bay with ssd for 1300. If i buy used and have any issues like, flicker, banding that was reported. Will BM take back the camera for repair? even though i am not original owner.

And should i be looking for late releases of camera instead of early first batch which was reported to have issues how does one check when it was released is there serial number check type of thing

Thanks guy

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The BMCC is such an old body now I doubt it would be covered by warranty. 

Why are you looking at a BMCC anyway? (hope it is MFT and not EF!!)

I'd rather look into getting a BMMCC instead. 

edit: oh wait... just remembered the username, we've had this discussion before :-P

2 hours ago, IronFilm said:

The BMCC is such an old body now I doubt it would be covered by warranty. 

Why are you looking at a BMCC anyway? (hope it is MFT and not EF!!)

I'd rather look into getting a BMMCC instead. 

edit: oh wait... just remembered the username, we've had this discussion before :-P

Lol Hi Ironfilm yes we did and MFT well its old body i guess but still shoots beautiful raw 2.5 raw images how many cams can do that? and lets not forget dynamic range in that price range? on top of that speed booster s35mm I will pay 1300 for the cam with SSD and cage. Any how just thinking about warranty

I think the BMCC MFT is an excellent camera! And better than many of the other alternative options.

However... I struggle to see the point in it when I could instead buy a much better BMMCC for **less** money! :-o

For me personally I think I BMCC MFT would have to be falling down into the $600ish range before I'd consider it to be a good solid almost automatic buy.

Here in Europe you can't find any used BMMCC so far so buying a set together instead of scavenging eBay can be pricy. I really like the the BMMCC but you basically "need" the SpeedBooster and an OLPF and then you're at over 2000€ if we say you already have lenses and monitor.

This week I've seen a BMCC MFT incl. Resolve dongle sell on eBay Germany with rig (rods, matebox, follow focus), battery plate and the Ursa EVF for just 2100 €, all together worth over 6000€. Kinda regret not jumping on it but it's just a heavy system.

Yeah, I'd like to see that 2.5K or 4K solution in something a little bit more compact. Why can't they make a new BMPCC? A bit beefier, like a GH4, with good battery life and a touchscreen. To be used stand alone, very low profile, no rigging, just the camera and a lens. But also very modular. Rig it up as you please. They've announced a few things at IBC (e-mail from Grant Petty), but none of 'em a BMPCC Mark II. #sadface

3 hours ago, IronFilm said:

I think the BMCC MFT is an excellent camera! And better than many of the other alternative options.

However... I struggle to see the point in it when I could instead buy a much better BMMCC for **less** money! :-o

For me personally I think I BMCC MFT would have to be falling down into the $600ish range before I'd consider it to be a good solid almost automatic buy.

again tell me just for the sake of it how is BMMCCis better cam it has the best dynamic range and look of all of them except ursa . Place a speedboster on bmcc and you have s35 but any how i dont want camera war each to its own as they say or something like that

PS you cant even find BMPCC for 600 on ebay