DJI X5R arrived today - any requests?

Oliver Daniel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Something else I'm curious about, what if you wanted to shoot with a larger lens or a speedbooster and a big Nikon zoom? If the lens is on a tripod, can the X5r hang off the back or be rigged in some manner?

Just thinking aloud. There's a doc project I'm thinking about doing which would involve a lot of landscape and cityscape aerials, but when shooting on the ground I would want to use the same camera and not be limited to the 4 or 5 supported lenses.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, The Chris said:

Something else I'm curious about, what if you wanted to shoot with a larger lens or a speedbooster and a big Nikon zoom? If the lens is on a tripod, can the X5r hang off the back or be rigged in some manner?

Just thinking aloud. There's a doc project I'm thinking about doing which would involve a lot of landscape and cityscape aerials, but when shooting on the ground I would want to use the same camera and not be limited to the 4 or 5 supported lenses.

Cheers.

I honestly don't think the X5R could take a Speedbooster and a bigger Nikon lens. There's no balancing at all. It's so tiny. Makes the BMMCC look huge. 

I think anyone buying the X5R should do if they want an intuitive, quick and easy light setup with no bollocks - for the Osmo and Inspire. 

The reason I got it is because I wanted a very high quality imaging device, with little setup, portable, light and intuitive to use. 

I had the Ronin-M before. Used my A7SII. I loved the results but the gimbal is heavy after a couple of minutes. Monitor rigging is a pain. And the size of the package while transporting is a beast! 

Move not had enough of a play yet. I feel it's something that will take a bit of time to get the best movement out of it. Like learning to ride and bike, and then doing wheelies and grinds. 

1 hour ago, omega1978 said:

My workflow is to export premiere compatible cinema dng from cinelight, cut the proxys in CC and replace it with the RAW footage.it works very well 

pw: omega

Thanks for sharing. 

I think the Osmo X5R will probs need a well practiced Ninja walk to eliminate any walking bounce. Or a post stabiliser may help with that such as Coremelt Lock and Load. 

I've heard there are plans to bring out a Z-axis for the X5 cameras - however I'd prefer not to have some bouncy spring thing as part of the rig. 

Im working on getting the joystick movement nice and smooth. Feels a little abrupt on any of the factory settings.