Canon 18-80mm f4

User

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Personally, I think Sony's FZ mount is one of, if not the most versatile S35 mounts on the market. There's one lens made for it (the one I mentioned earlier) and it didn't sell very well. Doesn't stop people from keeping 'permanent' PL/EF/Nikon adapters on there, and if you want to use any other lens, just swap your adapter. The adapters are more expensive, but necessarily better and sturdier than the ones you get for an EF, E or M4/3 mount

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi
14 minutes ago, jax_rox said:

Personally, I think Sony's FZ mount is one of, if not the most versatile S35 mounts on the market. There's one lens made for it (the one I mentioned earlier) and it didn't sell very well. Doesn't stop people from keeping 'permanent' PL/EF/Nikon adapters on there, and if you want to use any other lens, just swap your adapter. The adapters are more expensive, but necessarily better and sturdier than the ones you get for an EF, E or M4/3 mount

People always say E-mount/m43s is better than FZ mount, they didn't use both!

FZ is indeed a much better mount than E-mount when it comes to cine use. You have to use it with its adapters to see the difference. NIGHT AND DAY. E-mount on an fs7 is NEX-3 grade mount and FZ on an F5 is a PL-grade mount. The PL/EF/F adapters made for them are absolutely heaven. The only mount/adapter system that doesn't feel at all like it's an adapter in use, it's a real PL mount and a real EF mount with zero tolerance or electronic bugs.. E-mount however is cool for speedboosting and cool lightweight stills glass and so on.

Back to our subject.

People wonder why these Canon Cine lenses and C cameras are not in EF-M mount: I am told:

It's simply due to the durability of the two mount systems, making the ef-m mount system only reliable for small mirrorless cameras while the EF mount system durability is designed to handle mechanical strain consistent with the use of Cinema Cameras/lenses. As well as another one consideration being the flange distance of the EF mount system allows the CN-E lenses to be adapted to more cameras and provide extra space for Canon C-line cameras' "complicated ND filtration modules" and IR cut and "sensor cleaning fans/ventilation". Thus EF-M mount is not suitable for pairing with the Canon C-line of cameras as with Cinema Lenses it would exhibit flexion, focal plane inaccuracy, mis-calibrated marks and generally high failure rate at the junction between the camera body cast and lens attached.