(The Mountains PART 2) 4K LX100 does 3:2 anamorphic baby Hypergonar + SLR Magic Rangefinder

Sebastien Farges

1ST PART : vimeo.com/158871915
This 2ND PART is taken in the French Pyrenees in Luchon.
I'm happy having managed building a system for using my baby anamorphic on a 4K compact camera. I used an accessory tube made for the Canon G7 and managed to screw it on the bayonet system of the LX100. then I screwed another tube on it to allowed the zoom going at it's end of it's range (84mm in 4K, because it's vignetting below), then the Redstan clamp for my baby Hypergonar, and finally the SLR Magic Rangefinder focus system, and here we go ! :)

For me the result is very promising ! What do you think ?

camera : Panasonic DMC-LX100 on tele zoom position (84mm) always at it's full aperture (f2.8 in tele position)
3:2 4K 25p photo mode exported in UHD
baby Hypergonar anamorphic 1.75x lens
SLR Magic Rangefinder focus system
no color correction except slight upper whites on 3 clips
-5 personnal color settings
Howa ND 32 filter
music : His Name Is Alive "Man On The Sylver Mountain"
Thanks to Céline and Nina as the editing assistant

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
23 hours ago, Dave Reeve said:

Lovely. And great music choice too - one of my favourite 90s bands - every time I saw them was like seeing a completely different band. I have to admit I still don't get what you mean by the bayonet on the lx100 - mine doesn't seem to have this. 

Yes His Name Is Alive is a great band :) I never had been the chance to see them live. For the bayonet, press firmly the black plastic circle surrunding the front of the lens and turn it from right to left. This bayonet is done for accessories, such as this automatic front cap

• 3 weeks later...