Sony RX10 III

Jimmy

Damn ! Was it the aesthetic of the smaller sensor or was the codec full of artifacts ? I read on one of these threads you opted for the a7sii. You still like it ? I wanna go Sony but I cant deal with that blue channel clipping shit from the a7s. I found out the hard way it clips blue and ended up getting cussed out by a client lol. @Oliver Daniel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
50 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

Damn ! Was it the aesthetic of the smaller sensor or was the codec full of artifacts ? I read on one of these threads you opted for the a7sii. You still like it ? I wanna go Sony but I cant deal with that blue channel clipping shit from the a7s. I found out the hard way it clips blue and ended up getting cussed out by a client lol. @Oliver Daniel

The aesthetic feels empty. The 1" sensor with the fixed lens is soulless. 

Focusing is a nightmare. Good luck pulling it from subject to subject! 

Slog2 is only good in bright daylight.

Lowlight is terrible. I've read on a couple of reviews it's great upto 6400. More like 400. 

Slo mo mode is far too limiting and looks pretty bad. 

It does a lot of things but none of it particularly well. 

Sony A7SII is a great tool in the bag. It's a difficult camera to use, however really stunning quality is achievable. Major downsides are battery life, white balance accuracy, 120fps mode is heavily cropped and really amplifies noise. I think I'll always have an A7S model in the bag :)