Samsung NX1 problem

Tiago Rosa-Rosso

I'm having sensor problems with my samsung NX1. There are some vertical blue scratches that appear on the side of oled screen and some blue noise. This noise is recorded into the video clips. It seems the problem occurs when the camera is recording under low light or black surfaces. Anyone experienced this kind of problem? Any tips?    

Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 18.36.32.png

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Change 0-255 to 16-235 to avoid that problem. I think the problem is how VLC shows the material, not the material itself. Premiere has same kind of issues when using 0-255 H.265 files. With existing 0-255 files you can fix that by either converting to 16-235 or lifting the blacks from below 0 back to usable range using RGB curves or similar.

Change 0-255 to 16-235 to avoid that problem. I think the problem is how VLC shows the material, not the material itself. Premiere has same kind of issues when using 0-255 H.265 files. With existing 0-255 files you can fix that by either converting to 16-235 or lifting the blacks from below 0 back to usable range using RGB curves or similar.

you think its a better option to go with 16-235 with premiere ? I've been tempted to shoot 16-235 as I do see weird issues in the blacks when grading such as shades deeper than black (if that makes sense) popping up out of nowhere. You think 16-235 will help how premiere handles the nx1 footage ?

Thanks for the tips. I went trough those settings and I tried MplayerX also, the problem remains. The oled viewfinder when i'm recording is presenting the same problem. Check this video. 

That is normal if you are using framing mode and viewing extremely low light scenes with the aperture preview button pressed. Dark elements will contain a lot of blue noise.

It shouldn't be happening otherwise.

Are you using a manual lens with the aperture closed all the way down?

That is normal if you are using framing mode and viewing extremely low light scenes with the aperture preview button pressed. Dark elements will contain a lot of blue noise.

It shouldn't be happening otherwise.

Are you using a manual lens with the aperture closed all the way down?

Check this video please. Here i was using the 30mm pancake from samsung at 2.0 i believe. But the scratches on the side can't be normal. Then i hit record and the scratches aren't visible on the video but they are there is just that when I hit records the sensor crops a bit the image, also lots of blue noise appear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWgo_psSfD0

Check this video please. Here i was using the 30mm pancake from samsung at 2.0 i believe. But the scratches on the side can't be normal. Then i hit record and the scratches aren't visible on the video but they are there is just that when I hit records the sensor crops a bit the image, also lots of blue noise appear

The video mode is a slight crop on photo mode, so if you are framing in photo mode and going directly to video record, it always crops a bit.

The vertical lines are not normal however. If they don't appear on the video itself then they are probably some sort of error associated with the LED display. It looks like part of the text on the display are being read down to pixels below them, which shouldn't be happening. It could be hardware or software related.

It is possible that the software may be in a bugged state. You can try doing a full rest of the camera. The command path is /menu, then select the wheel on the bottom, scroll all the way down to "reset", and press that. That should completely reset the computers software. You could try that to see if it helps. You would have to redo all your settings though, because they will be reset to default as well.

Do they appear in the EVF as well?

The video mode is a slight crop on photo mode, so if you are framing in photo mode and going directly to video record, it always crops a bit.

The vertical lines are not normal however. If they don't appear on the video itself then they are probably some sort of error associated with the LED display. It looks like part of the text on the display are being read down to pixels below them, which shouldn't be happening. It could be hardware or software related.

It is possible that the software may be in a bugged state. You can try doing a full rest of the camera. The command path is /menu, then select the wheel on the bottom, scroll all the way down to "reset", and press that. That should completely reset the computers software. You could try that to see if it helps. You would have to redo all your settings though, because they will be reset to default as well.

Do they appear in the EVF as well?

Yes, i notice it crops but the scratches are still visible but really near the edge. I follow your tip and reset the camera, and it's still the same. The scratches appear on the EVF. The strange thing is that it's only when I press record that this scratches appear. When i turn on the camera for the first time everything seems to be fine. Then when i press record after some seconds and the blue noise and the scratches start to appear. Thanks for the tips.