Canon C100 MkII Workflow - Getting The Media Off The Cards - Transcode to ProRes?

User

I've been fooling around with the C100 MkII for the past few hours. So far so good but it's now time to start working with the files in PP.

I noticed that the file folder structure is different to anything I've seen before so I did a search and came up with this video. Data Import Utility? Can Anyone tell me if this is the way to go or is there a better solution? Also, I'm think that it would be best to import and keep the original files in their folder structure, and then make a Prores copy to a second drive. Does someone have a workflow that works well?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'm not sure about the Mark II, but I always use Data Import Utility to import files from my Mark I. If I don't, sometimes I will have a small interruption between longer clips that span multiple files. Data Import Utility combines these spanned clips into single files. This may have been corrected in later versions of Premiere but I still do it out of habit, and I try to avoid working with spanned files whenever possible.

Hi Bob, do you know if Shotput Pro 'stitches' spanned AVCHD files together?

I have not looked for that function ... I just drop both on the timeline in Premiere and it is seamless...

It does error correction sampling and has the ability to offload to more than one drive as a backup ... very fast.

If I get a chance I will dig into it a bit more to look at whether I can discern a way to enable it.

Bob

I didn't know that. How much better are we talking?

It's somewhere in a thread I started on the C100 MkII. Some kind individual remarked about it.

But here is what I found from canon:

AVCHD AUDIO Linear PCM (16 bits/48 kHz/2 channels) (when 28 and 24 Mbps LPCM is selected) Dolby Digital 2ch (when 28, 24, 17, or 7 Mbps is selected)

MP4 AUDIO MPEG-4 AAC-LC (16 bit/48kHz/2 channels) Bit rates: 35-17 Mbps: 256 kbps/less than 4 Mbps: 128 kbps

I have not looked for that function ... I just drop both on the timeline in Premiere and it is seamless...

It does error correction sampling and has the ability to offload to more than one drive as a backup ... very fast.

If I get a chance I will dig into it a bit more to look at whether I can discern a way to enable it.

Bob

I have Shotput Pro 5 also and will try to have a look as well. But even though this is the industry standard transfer utility, I've haven't head anything of it's stitching abilities.