C300 Mark II First Impressions

jcs

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Do you get any image to prove what you said?

At least,jcs tested C300M2 and said 120p is clearly lower resolution being a center crop without the benefit of supersampling (which also helps reduce noise and aliasing). 120p on the A7S II looks better.

I have shot with the A7s II. It's pretty much the same as the A7s mark i except low bitrate 4k mode. The slowmotion is a lower resolution center crop (a7s mark i actually crops less but is bit less detailed).

RX10 ii slowmotion blows the A7s II out of the water if that's what you want. Does that mean the RX10 ii is the best camera ever? No, it's still shit.

• Administrators

Best review of the C300 II I have read so far, very too the point and based on a lot of real world shooting by Joe Simon

http://www.newsshooter.com/2015/11/05/is-the-canon-c300-mkii-worth-it-joe-simon-tries-it-out-and-tells-it-straight/

Interesting to hear Canon LOG 2 is flatter and more like S-LOG now.

LOG profiles should be named after the bit depth they are designed to be used... it should be S-LOG 8bit and S-LOG 10bit.

RX10 ii slowmotion blows the A7s II out of the water if that's what you want. Does that mean the RX10 ii is the best camera ever? No, it's still shit.

It depends though... 120fps on 2.7x crop sensor or 120fps on 2.2x crop sensor with Speed Booster to make it 1.6x with interchangeable lenses?

I'd say the 120fps of the A7S II has a high chance of "shitting on" the RX10 II and RX100 IV if shot right :)

The 240fps on the RX cameras is nice but you can slow the 120fps 50% with Twixtor to mimic it pretty well.

I'd say the 120fps of the A7S II has a high chance of "shitting on" the RX10 II and RX100 IV if shot right :)

The 240fps on the RX cameras is nice but you can slow the 120fps 50% with Twixtor to mimic it pretty well.

I almost got to the bottom of this when we shot a small explosion through a barn door last weekend. Brought the 5d raw, a7s, a7s ii, a7r ii. BUT I forgot the RX10 ii home!

Imagine how stupid I felt when I reached into the camera bag and did not find the camera I most wanted to use to shoot the explosion. True the A7s ii actually looked pretty good, the RX10 ii would've been much darker & noisier. Not a fan of twixtoring unless the scene is relatively simple.