slr magic's anamorphic lens samples..

richg101

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
also, strange they say one image is taken with their .95 50mm, then the other is with their new anamorphic lens prototype. the image is a wider aspect ratio than the .95 50mm image but the person on the image is wider in the anamorphic shot. looks like they just stretched out the normal shot does it not?

There are some oval bokeh and there are some anamorphic stretch - BUT disproportionally towards the edges of the frame ! If you look close you may notice the street lights are oval ( ed ) towards the right edge of viewer and the people at same edge are stretched also. Problem is, the reference subject ( the person ) at the centre needs a bit less stretch horizontally but the distant people at the edges need more stretch for natural appearance.
It's a good start.

[quote name='tony wilson' timestamp='1351922045' post='20943']
i thought one of the points of scope was to make stuff look analogue
[/quote]

this!

its great that they're working on it but from that picture they've got a long way to go,.. i can trawl thru my crappy still shot thumbnails and easily pick out anamorphic or not from the look, not just the aspect ratio.

looks like they got the width but not much else yet.