Ex Machina cinematographer on shooting with anamorphic & Sony cameras (F55, F65)

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

still was a turd after all was said and done.  But thank goodness for Jurassic World.  Makes Machina as intelligent as a Tarkovsky film.  Speaking of how bad the dialogue is, I watched Mr. Robot and that's how coders talk and act.  Also playing Half Life 2 again on my Nvidia Shield - that's also how you write dialogue for scientists.

I can't believe there is not a Half Life movie and no sequel for years and years, it is almost as if Valve don't like money.

Maybe they had their hands full with Steam!

​I think the steambox is taking up a lot of time also figuring out where the future of PC gaming is going and where they fit in.  I'm curious how VR affects them amongst other things.

Steambox kind of seems like the wrong approach - people seem to be leaving their televisions for smaller more personal experiences.  So who knows what's floating on in their camp.

Single player games just are becoming a thing of the past. I takes too much work/money compared to multiplayer games. A csgo map can be done in two weeks and user will spent thousands of hours on it, on the other hand a single player chapter takes a lot more time and the user will play through it in 20min... 

I'm still hoping for hl3 anyways.

https://www.dota2.com/reborn/part1/

This is one of Valve's biggest aspirations,  they've been putting a lot of money and time into this for the last 5 or so years. The future of ESports and Gamer Community, pretty awesome. The newest addendum: everyone gets to create their own custom games via the easy-to-use development kit. Plus there's even an engine to make your own films with the kit. I'm quite sure this is one of their dearest babies and imho some next level Machina shit. : )

Single player games just are becoming a thing of the past. I takes too much work/money compared to multiplayer games. A csgo map can be done in two weeks and user will spent thousands of hours on it, on the other hand a single player chapter takes a lot more time and the user will play through it in 20min... 

I'm still hoping for hl3 anyways.

At first they planned to release episode 3 to complete the triology but I dont think there will be a 3-rd episode

Good call guys .  I think without a doubt multiplayer sells better and is easier to work with than single player stories.  Dota 2, League of Legends, etc etc seems to be the trend in gaming.

It takes so many millions to make a compelling single player experience vs the massive online experiences.  So yes maybe that's why HL2: Ep3 is taking so long.  

However now that they have source 2 engine ready to go - it gives them a good reason to show it off.