#82 galenb

galenb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

yeah, when the aliasing is as uniform and pixelated as that, you can almost guaranty that it was added in the encoding/transcoding/decoding stage. Even if the person had upscaled it, the software would most likely try to smooth and interpolate the data.

I don't want to derail this conversation but I noticed something weird the other day. I used log and capture in FinalCut Pro X to grab some files from my card. Usually I transcode outside of FinalCut so normally I don't do this. The files that came in had horrible aliasing similar to this but the ones I brought in through import were fine. Has anyone ever noticed this before?

#83 GravitateMediaGroup

GravitateMediaGroup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

Amusing to see you critisize people who judge the GH3 from preproduction footage with no hands on experience, while declaring the BMCC your favorite before getting one :lol:

Are you serious? there is no comparison between the two cameras. I will own both, and yeah, I already know which will be my workhorse.

#84 kirk

kirk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

Are you serious? there is no comparison between the two cameras. I will own both, and yeah, I already know which will be my workhorse.

Man, you need clearer glasses... I wasn't comparing any cameras, just being bemused over your inconsistency... And I'm never serious -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users