Car Commercial I Shot on Sony F55

Ed_David

Shot on the Sony F55 W Zeiss Ultraprime Lenses and Angeniux 25-250 lens

Filmworks was the local production company - shot in Dubai.
An amazing experience.

Why the F55? Because it's light - it can handle insane heat - it has a global shutter and native ISO is 1250 - good for overcranking at night! And I had it on a steadicam for a lot of the shoot - and did I mention it was 120 degree days and it weighs about 6 lbs?

Amazing production and team - this was a blast!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

thanks guys - now that the c300 mark II is coming out - I may have used that instead of the f55 to shoot this - or the alexa mini - getting very interesting the whole market.  Probably still wouldn't have used the red dragon or weapon due to heating issues and weird OLPH issues.

the F55 has a wider color gamut, global shutter that's better - and more resolutions - and a different sensor.  I haven't done a side-by-side test so I wouldn't know though for sure.  If someone wants to test it out - I just assume the F55 and F65 are their "pro" options.  Also this was before the FS7 existed.