What is the best camera for stills & motion right know?

Matrox

Is sony a5100 in terms of video the same as a6000(focus peaking, zebra, flat profiles?)? I have to buy a new camera as well...I wold get the a6000 in a heartbeat if it had xavc codec. I do more video, but I pay more bill with stills so...I`ll just keep the 7D that has been good for me taking stills and just buy the a5100 just for video...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I think it also lets you change aperture in live view, not shure though.

​No, it does not (in manual mode). You can change aperture in live view only in Aperture Priority Mode. 

Is sony a5100 in terms of video the same as a6000(focus peaking, zebra, flat profiles?)? I have to buy a new camera as well...I wold get the a6000 in a heartbeat if it had xavc codec. I do more video, but I pay more bill with stills so...I`ll just keep the 7D that has been good for me taking stills and just buy the a5100 just for video...

​I haven't checked deeply A5100, but it looks like the movie features are exactly the same, although A5100 has XAVC-S.

So I played with D5300 and A6000 in the store. They didn't have A7, though.

D5300 didn't have a battery nor it was connected to the power. So, I only "played" with it in terms of ergonomics, handling and viewfinder. Overall its okay, the weight is fine. However, optical viewfinder is just terrible. Its really small and it is hard to tell the focus from it. I had D5300 in one hand and A6000 in second, and A6000's OLED EVF is way, way better. Brighter, bigger and sharper. So unfortunately, I won't buy a D5300. Stills quality is great, movies are better than on Sony A7/A6000, but I can't stand using that viewfinder. I worked last year with Canon 7D and OVF was better.

My dream camera situation:

Nikon bring their D7200 with 4k in February along with announcements of firmware updates with their new 'I am advancing' programme for their high end cameras for 4k (and focus peaking please!)

http://nikonrumors.com/2015/01/10/nikon-cp-announcement-d7200-j5-p900-aw130-1958-p610-l840-s9900-s7000-and-s3700-cameras.aspx/

http://nikonrumors.com/2015/01/08/nikon-to-announce-a-new-firmware-download-program-on-january-19th-including-several-improvements-for-the-d750-d810-d800-d800e-d610-and-d600-cameras.aspx/

A long shot but not impossible!

One of the things many people don't mention is that with cheap DSLRs you get a pentamirror, not a pentaprism, for the OVF. The view is also smaller.

​Yeah, and that's why D5300's viewfinder is really bad. As I mentioned before, 7D pentaprism viewfinder was really good. It worked well and i was photographing a wedding, so I spent many hours working with it.

My dream camera situation:

Nikon bring their D7200 with 4k in February along with announcements of firmware updates with their new 'I am advancing' programme for their high end cameras for 4k (and focus peaking please!)

http://nikonrumors.com/2015/01/10/nikon-cp-announcement-d7200-j5-p900-aw130-1958-p610-l840-s9900-s7000-and-s3700-cameras.aspx/

http://nikonrumors.com/2015/01/08/nikon-to-announce-a-new-firmware-download-program-on-january-19th-including-several-improvements-for-the-d750-d810-d800-d800e-d610-and-d600-cameras.aspx/

A long shot but not impossible!

​D7200 would be a beast, but I believe that initial price point will be really high. And to be honest: 4K would be nice, but I would rather have a decent 1080p image than 4K with moire and aliasing ;)