Another one bites the dust

Marcio Kabke Pinheiro

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
On 5/14/2023 at 2:11 PM, Anaconda_ said:

@Andrew Reid - as an independent blog / site, how do you feel about the future of eoshd?

Very mixed. I am not dependant on ads and never have been so that side makes no difference to me, but there is definitely a shift to YouTube and social media. People aren't researching Google or reading long articles as much as before.

YouTube is a grind and I have mixed feelings about that too. I enjoy it when I have some ideas. But the thought of being on a treadmill of content is horrific. Don't post for a week and you may as well be dead.

On the other hand, EOSHD is great, having your own site independent from the algorithms of social media and YouTube is much more relaxed and I can do what I like, post what I want, when I want. And then there is this lovely forum, which is pretty unique.

On 5/14/2023 at 2:11 PM, Anaconda_ said:

Of course, I don't know the ins and outs, and maybe I've got things a bit twisted, please correct me. However, if being honest about cameras meant companies stopped inviting you to events and launches, but being advertising copy has lead the others to fail and close down, does that put you and this site in a better position with manufacturers?

Never was close to the PR side of the camera industry and rejected a lot of advances.

The site is not in a better position to cuddle up to the manufacturers, they are putting their free loans and exclusive invitations behind social media influencers instead now.

Bloggers with articles are the previous gen of social media influencers.

Now it is clowns and show offs on social media.

They are perfect for one another and I don't want to be involved to be honest.

I am looking to the future now and that is keeping EOSHD updated, at the same time as moving onto two new sites:

Full Frame AI (making most of AI for photographers)

and

Ultra Camera Review (smartphone cameras and apps)

There is much more future development in these areas than in mirrorless cameras, or filmmaking. Video on stills camera has kind of been "done" hasn't it?