Power Zooms?

SRV1981

• 3 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I've used Sony 28-135mm FE PZ F4 G OSS Full-Frame E-Mount Power Zoom Lens on Sony A7S MK II and the autofocus as not perfect due to the camera and there was noticeable rolling shutter when panning. The image was nice and when zoomed in from a distance had nice shallow depth of field wide open. I used it with a LANC zoom controller mounted to the tripod arm and it was able to do different zoom speeds smoothly.

I think with a more recent camera like the A7iv it would have better auto focus and better rolling shutter.

The one thing about it that was not ideal was the 5x zoom range. It was not enough for run and gun shooting for me. You can of course crop in post or possible do a digital zoom in camera, but I prefer to have a longer zoom range or a fast F-stop if it is a shorter some range.

All and all the image was not the issue the older Sony camera was. On a more modern camera it should really shine.