Follow Focus for Iscorama 54

Bioskop.Inc

Well i've been rack focusing with the 5 stubby things i was born with for quite sometime & no complaints.

Then the other night i cursed the fact that i didn't have a FF for the 54 - needless to say i kinda got the shot, but it took a while.

So does anyone have any decent suggestions (based on experience with the 54 or similar big lens), which won't break the bank & that work properly.

All tips, clues, advice really welcome,

cheers

stu

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

There is a FF gear made specifically for the 54 on ebay. No personal experience with it though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seamless-Follow-Focus-Gear-for-Iscorama-54-Lens-/251486599934?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8dc4fafe

Cheers, but really need the thing that will turn the gear first - nice heads up though!

The ring mentioned above on eBay is perfect.  It fits my Isco 54 non-MC with just a touch of play so I put a single layer of blue painters' tape inside and then it works without slipping.  If you have a newer Isco 54 such as the Video adapter I-through III they may have a slightly raised rubber focus ring and this geared ring may not fit...but the seller custom makes them and will fit yours to measure if you contact him.  Use it with a rail system and any decent follow focus.  Redrock makes one you might check out.

Thanks John, will check out the Fogta.

As far as price range goes, I can't afford an Arri FF!

So I suppose real max is £300ish