GoPro goes public..

sunyata

BN-DL197_gopro0_D_20140626143943.jpg

that's the CEO with the camera in mouth.

"At its current price, GoPro has a stock-market value of $4.7 billion. That’s roughly 35 times the 2015 profit estimate that underwriters settled on as the forecast.  It’s about 3.1 times the 2015 sales estimate."

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/06/26/is-gopro-a-gadget-maker-a-lifestyle-brand-or-a-social-media-firm/

So currently the market is expecting an exponential growth in profits.. I have a feeling we're gonna see more new "lifestyle" video oriented cameras from the other companies soon. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Keep shooting with the GH4 Aaron... I really enjoy your work!

It's a fun camera and the next model is rumored to have a better frame rate for 4k. I noticed that the unit seems to be constructed well and thought-out. Their abilities with compression are also impressive. I noticed a 3D or dual mount was offered today, which had me thinking about a comment that Vincent Laforet made recently... he said that Japan and China consumers are really really into 3D.

Go Pro needs to expand into new territories if they plan to meet those revenue expectations. Offcourse the idea of any IPO and specially hyped up ones is not allways about the future prospect but it's often about how much will they be able to pull from the market with the IPO even tho the company might not be that valuable EVER.

I expect the GoPro 4 to be about 4K as the number is fitting as well. The GoPro 5 will likely be about higher bitrates for 4K.