Canon's answer to the A7S

jcs

The A7S has a 35mm sensor and extreme low-light sensitivity. Canon's 200+mm sensor (8 inches!) dwarf's the A7S's and also shoots in extremely low light: http://petapixel.com/2011/09/19/canons-gigantic-8-inch-cmos-sensor-now-shooting-meteors-at-60fps/

Guess Metabones will have a mega focal expander so it can be used with EF lenses  ;)

It's great that the A7S is coming out soon- the next Canon 35mm sensor is going to be amazing (has to be) and with Canon's color science will keep things interesting in the market.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Canon should probably fire its engineers for coming up with this in the first place. Whats an over-sized piece of _ _ _ _. And this is incomparable with the A7S for filmmaking. Also, after seeing that the A7S does clean 4k video upto 100,000 ISO, I am sure it can be used for more technical and scientific purposes.

The post is tongue in cheek sanveer! It's not really an answer to the A7S. It's for telescopes.

Hahaha, Andrew, I noticed this, after your post. I felt both embarrassed and stupid, for having jumped the gun. My bad ...  :P

I was indeed kidding about that sensor, however a real point is that Canon has the capability to release something amazing in the pro/consumer space when it's right for their business.