Fuji XH-2/S

Amazeballs

On 4/19/2022 at 1:11 AM, MrSMW said:

My old XT3's got pretty hot, but never had a shut off or even a warning.

The recording limit probably helped play a part in it not overheating, I imagine? 

Continuous recording for at least 2-3 hours at a time is a must for me. That's how long a first half of a pro-wrestling event can be before intermission. 

I COULD start and stop recording at points, but between all my cameras and audio recorders, and often only being a one or two person crew, it's just easier to be able just record.

So far Panasonic has been the only one to be able to do this reliably with their mirrorless cameras. If the A7iv didn't have overheating problems I'd probably have heavily considered leaving for Sony in the next year or two, but for now I'm staying with M43 to see how things play out. I really quite like Fuji colors though, so I'd love for them to be able to deliver. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Ah well yes, I would not even attempt that kind of length with anything Fuji for sure.

For longer stuff, such as wedding ceremonies and speeches, I used to use a 1” sensor Sony camcorder.

I flipped that for a much more compact Sony ZV1 with the same sensor, slightly faster aperture, but less reach.

I have a small battery pack attached to the tripod to top it’s tiny battery up.

Run it for over an hour with zero issues, but we haven’t had the really hot weather yet...