DJI Ronin 4D - NO ProRes RAW???

Jkitchens

I just read that the forthcoming DJI Ronin 4D will not ship with ProRes RAW capabilities.  This despite DJI touting this feature pretty heavily.  I wonder if this is hardware related or a patent/IP issue.  They dropped the price to try and compensate.  Just wondering if it will ever come via a firmware update….

Certainly disappointing.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
18 minutes ago, The Dancing Babamef said:

RED who?

Yeah, this is super frustrating. BRAW is great but Blackmagic doesn't (yet) offer the sensor-in-a-box I need.

And looks like we won't be ever be getting internal ProRes RAW due to RED.

I bought a Ninja V+ recently. It's great. But it is something you need to rig, power and wire; one more potential point of failure that can **** a shoot.

On 2/18/2022 at 12:16 AM, andrgl said:

Yeah, this is super frustrating. BRAW is great but Blackmagic doesn't (yet) offer the sensor-in-a-box I need.

And looks like we won't be ever be getting internal ProRes RAW due to RED.

I bought a Ninja V+ recently. It's great. But it is something you need to rig, power and wire; one more potential point of failure that can **** a shoot.

Yup. I have a Z6 with PRR upgrade. I take videos of my dogs and it would be nice to just take your camera out of the bag and be ready to shoot RAW out of the box without adding a second brick on top of your camera.