What's a good all around lens for filming?

Lucifer Morningstar

Me and my friend are planning on shooting something over the summer and I thought this would be a good time to invest in a new lens. Right now I only have two kit lenses that came with the camera. What is a good lens that I can get that will be flexible enough to do most things in filming a short film? I understand that I will not be able to do the whole thing with just one lens.

My gear: Nikon D5600, Nikkor 18-55mm and Nikkor 70-300mm https://snaptube.cam/.

I am willing to buy a converter so if you have a good Canon or Sony lens please don't hesitate to drop it down there.

I am shooting for a lens from $500-$800. Any suggestions would be super helpful!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If you can elaborate a little more on what you would like to do with it, i'm sure others can chime in with something suitable.  At the moment a plethora of lenses fit your description from dreamy wide open to cold and clinical. Also dont be to quick to dismiss your kit lenses. I'm sure there's plenty of interesting stuff shot with kit lenses.