Meike T 2.2 25 mm or 35 mm. For Fuji X-T3

josdr

Hi guys , I am thinking of getting my first cine lens from Meike, either the 25mm or the 35mm one from my Fuji X-T3.  Leaving aside the length choice, is there a technical reason that I should choose either one of them? I have only seen proper tests on them for the Blackmagic 4k cameras and the 25 supposedly has more purple fringing while the 35 is more prone to flaring? Can anybody that has actually used them give his opinion? I am actually thinking of going for the 35mm one but I would appreciate all input before pressing the button. I will make them a set eventually , but I want to start on the right foot.

Thank you

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have the 25, 35 and 50mm of this Meike cine lenses. The only downside is the lack of focal length wider than 25mm for X-mount. An optic around 18mm would be really the best.

Otherwise, it's good and really good : Long focus throw / Focus ring is very smooth / No focus breathing/  10 pieces blade /Incredible optical quality / An incredible manufacturing quality (I haven't seen a single dust inside my 3 optics) / All is metal.

The 35mm is the focal length I use the most because it's the basic focal length on an APSC sensor. 

@BrunoCH Thank you very much for your hands on advice . I was deliberating between the 25 and the 35 since I could only get one for starters and I decided to go for the 25 ,although you are correct the 35 is the "basic" one. I  got it directly from Meike, hopefully I will have it within January.  How were they flare-wise in outdoors sunny shoots ?

About flare. I find that they resist very well for the lights in front of lens, which are in the frame. For the side lights, just at the edge of the frame, but out of the frame, it's no less good. You can lose contrast very quickly. I have the tilta mattebox on the lens, outside.