Photokina is dead

Andrew Reid

15 hours ago, majoraxis said:

At an NAB I was working at a union worker threatened to knock one of my co-workers off a ladder because they were attempting to change a light bulb.

Should have reported that threat to H&S + HR!!
But then again those people are probably just their union cronies.... who'd end up siding with the threatening thug. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I’m actually not sad about overpriced square footage and thousands of people walking around in noise halls eating crappy food.

I can watch a product intro just fine on my computer and wait a month to see product reviews from sources I trust.

I rather would like to see more community interest group events - actual users and subject matter experts. Socialize, learn new things with the tools we purchased.

• 2 weeks later...

I find Interesting that they are blaming the "...massive decline in markets for imaging products" So, Why the heck they were planning to make Photokina an annual event?
I love trade shows and always look forward to them, even if I cannot attend. It is about the whole experience, including visiting exciting destinations like Cologne, Amsterdam, and Las Vegas, but due to the world pandemic we are going to have to settle for virtual alternatives. Online product launches don't have to be dull as proven by Apple's most recent events.