Zeapon Micro 2 slider - new ballhead needed

mirekti

So I bought the slider and like it a lot, however the ballhead it came with is not ideal for my setup.

Can anyone recommend a ballhead that I could use instead? The “only” issue is I am using manfroto based plate so it has to be compatible in order to easily move it from tripod (E-Image GH06 ballhead), monopod and slider.

As you can see in the second photo I use some cheap manfrotto based base on the original ballhead, but it keeps unscrewing. I cannot screw it in tight enought as the ball starts spinning at one point. Whatever I found was arca swiss based.

E4FFB3FC-67BA-4E7E-8A11-B0763D45DA7E.jpeg

ACA1B7ED-CD43-48C1-BB52-FDB6A0C44A9F.jpeg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I can’t answer your question but I’d love to ask. I’ve been looking for a cheaper alternative to the Rhino, Edelkrone and Syrp options out there. Have you tested it with heavier cameras at all? And are you able to get smooth motion with small movements? I find the brands above incredibly overpriced and would rather not spend 800 € on what should be simple camera movements.

6 hours ago, Gregormannschaft said:

I can’t answer your question but I’d love to ask. I’ve been looking for a cheaper alternative to the Rhino, Edelkrone and Syrp options out there. Have you tested it with heavier cameras at all? And are you able to get smooth motion with small movements? I find the brands above incredibly overpriced and would rather not spend 800 € on what should be simple camera movements.

My setup is 2, 2.5kg. I like it, but need better ballhead. It is a bit hard to push it up the angle, but doable. Vertical movement might be tricky, going down especially.

This review is nice, the only thing missing is variable dampening.