F0.74 - new Metabones Speed Boosters break boundaries

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Already out of stock ?? that's too bad!

My dealer estimates four weeks. Time to follow another 'best lenses for BMCC' discussion. I wonder why Andrew wrote, the Tokina 11 zoom was only wide on the Pocket. Anything below 20mm was considered super wide for full frame last time I studied lens descriptions.

• Administrators

So Samyang announced a 10mm f2/8 today, about £475 for Nikon RRP.

So that's a (10*0.58)*3=17.4mm on BMPCC.

Not too shabby.

Nice. Hopefully will be better than their 14mm F2.8. I loved the 35mm F1.4 but the 14 I didn't take to.

So wait for the BMPC or get the BMCC with the MFT and this speedbooster? I use ZF Zeiss Nikon glass with EF adaptors on my 5D. But if I use these on the MFT BMCC, for $2500, I can be ready to go. Or wait for the BMPC, and spend $4,000. I don't care about 4K, however would be nice. The way I see it at global shutter and 11-12 (estimated) stops vs no global and 13 stops....

Wondering if You can try it with some nice lens and SLRMagic Anamorphot?

I'm also curious about how the speed boosters would perform alongside anamorphic adapter lenses. Would there be additional softness or distortion issues? Would the lenses vignette too much because of the adapter?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was wondering what lenses specifically were used in this video. If links  could possibly be provided to sites that sell them that would be fantastic. I'm just very new to the MFT BMCC and finding lenses for it has been a bit daunting. I just purchased this speed booster but I want to make sure I don't get any lenses that won't work for it.

Thanks for any help.