Any one use, Fast CinemaDNG Processor ?

buggz

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I was trying it when it was late beta. The core functionality worked well at that time, it was playing BMCC 2,5K raws on average quad-core CPU an 760-770 nVidia cards, debayering quality was good and after some digging I was able to dial the look I wanted to get. The interface was clumsy to a degree - panel management was painful sometimes, some sliders were off scale so it was hard to set proper values. But it wasn't too unbearable or irritating. The main show stopper for me was it's inability to efficiently save results to ProRes/DNxHD for proxy edits. It was technically possible to stream Processors' image output to ffmpeg but the encoding speed was slow. So at the end it wasn't faster than Resolve at this task, and Resolve had much better media management and overall functionality. Besides Resolve is more universal as transcoder, it's able to work with Canon, RED and ARRI raw files.

I'll try to test current version if I have time. But I think they targeted narrow niche and missed some time: CUDA and Win only, no fast proxies, limited input formats support, Resolve is quite a beast now, hardware is much more powerful than 3-4 years ago. But if you shoot a lot with BM cameras mostly it may fit your needs really well, why not?

• 2 weeks later...

Current version of Fast CinemaDNG Processor can do the following:

Apple ProRes is supported (you can see the proof here: Authorized Apple ProRes List).

Magic Lantern MLV is supported as well.

Now you can also get 3D LUTs, dark frame subtraction, flat-field correction, bad pixel correction, etc.

Native support of BRAW format – now there is BRAW player and converter from BRAW to DNG.

Currently there is no support for proxies, this is true.

Here you can see more info why users need Fast CinemaDNG Processor:

AEON Motion Scanning System

This is actually the task of high performance raw processing on GPU for huge amounts of frames.