Anamorphic lens sizes

Dave Reeve

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'm an on the fly filmer so need a set up that isn't going to lose me shots - I have two 2001s and I think for me this is the perfect lens. It's a monoblock so there's no alignment issues and as I'm not a fan of flare that's fine (although a bit of flare at the right moment is cool!) - I can use filters if I need to soften the image or discover a glow. I also have two bolex mollers 8/19/1.5s which has such a gorgeous quality to it I'm tempted to keep at least one for those for more sanguine shooting moments. I'm on a major edit at the moment so haven't had much time to play with the focus through lenses but shall do in due course. And with the possibility of defining the image capture size holding on to some 2xs might be useful - but again I'll explore this soon.

Nice collection! And I agree about the Moller - this is a miracle. Absolute sweet and also very easy to handle if you get use to it.

I always hated the double focussing comrades but with this one you can do some kind of rack focussing after a short time.

I would like to know if there is a big difference between 8/19 and 16/32.

PS The Mollers appear on ebay quite often right now and are rather cheap :)

Yes. I'd buy one for €600/700... About a year ago I stopped bidding at $600 because I thought it was too much :rolleyes:

Most I've seen since were much more expensive.. But I see there have been some done deals around the €700 mark on eBay, so I'll start watching again :)