Fuji GFX100 Coming May 23rd 2019

DBounce

42 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

It looks like to me a XT-3 with greater DOF.  I don't see any early output that just takes my breath away on the video side. It is pretty impressive for MF no doubt. But is it worth 8500 Dollars more to get that?

The dynamic range and highlight roll-off look better than the X-T3 to my eyes. The greater dof and wider field of view (without barrel distortion) make the footage appear almost anamorphic. Granted without the typical oval bokeh and lens streaks. It's a distinctly different look to anything out of the X-T3. Mind you I did like the footage from the X-T3, and found it "fun" to shoot with. But this GFX100 seems to render a very unique look imo.

The only problem I have with it is there is sooo much on the horizon atm. The new Hasselblad will likely bring huge improvements now that they are owned by DJI. Also we have the soon to be announced Panasonic... that frankly no one expected. We can only ponder what that will bring to the table? Until those question are answered I will hold off on adopting a new system.

As for the price... well what else can match these spec for less? And the $10K become close to $15K once you start adding lenses... which you will of course need.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, thephoenix said:

looked a bit into lenses offer, mostly fuji of course but i am surprised to see that prices are not crazy. pretty sure it will sell well.

personaly i would go for it for photography if i had the money

I think those lenses are going to be replaced in the near future. The are not optically precise enough for this sensor. 

35 minutes ago, frontfocus said:

you are kidding right?

Why do you say that? I'm not seeing the image as sharp at 1:1. As I previously mentioned, this is evident from the the climber picture in Fuji's image samples. If you don't crop in, or are only interested in video, you will not notice any difference. But if you intend to crop the image at 1:1, you will notice that the image is soft. Have you looked at this image 1:1? Look at the climber and tell me do you think it is sharp or soft? It's not the sensor underperforming here. 

You judge the performance of all lenses due to a single image? If that were the case, the new S lenses are not good enough fro 47MP or even 24MP, since it's easy to find unsharp examples. Same with Sony GM glas or the new Canon Rf glas.

There is still no RAW support, just jpgs out of camera and all of that with a machine, many are not accustomed to. I remember when the D800 came to market and people needed to learn how to use it first. 

The GFX lenses seem to be some of the sharpest lenses out there. Highly unlikely that they will produce new versions of their lenses. There are a few high res jpg to download at jonas rasks review: https://jonasraskphotography.com/2019/05/23/at-the-brink-of-tomorrow-the-fujifilm-gfx100-first-look-preview/

if I zoom into pictures like DSCF0411 and look at the single pores, that's just breathtaking. I don't see anything missing there. But of course not all images are as sharp as that one, but I wouldn't blame the lenses

1 hour ago, frontfocus said:

You judge the performance of all lenses due to a single image? If that were the case, the new S lenses are not good enough fro 47MP or even 24MP, since it's easy to find unsharp examples. Same with Sony GM glas or the new Canon Rf glas.

There is still no RAW support, just jpgs out of camera and all of that with a machine, many are not accustomed to. I remember when the D800 came to market and people needed to learn how to use it first. 

The GFX lenses seem to be some of the sharpest lenses out there. Highly unlikely that they will produce new versions of their lenses. There are a few high res jpg to download at jonas rasks review: https://jonasraskphotography.com/2019/05/23/at-the-brink-of-tomorrow-the-fujifilm-gfx100-first-look-preview/

if I zoom into pictures like DSCF0411 and look at the single pores, that's just breathtaking. I don't see anything missing there. But of course not all images are as sharp as that one, but I wouldn't blame the lenses

DSCF0411 is a closeup so no surprise that there should be detail in that image. And why exactly would anyone what to crop in on a studio shot closeup of some girls face? Would not a macro lens make more sense for such a situation? However, for nature photography cropping in might be a sound choice... and then where did the details go? 

I'm not saying that this camera is not a heck of an achievement. I think it is currently one of the most compelling cameras out. But to think that Fuji can put out a camera with such a high resolution sensor and think it might not show some weakness in the current lens lineup would be naive. As Phase One said, higher megapixel sensors require better optics.