Best SSD recorder?

DanielVranic

Hello!

I have decided to stop using SD cards for the Fuji XT3's and I want to go with an external recorder to get the benefits of ProRes and extended record times.

This is totally new to me, but in some of my research, I have seen not a ton of people digging the NinjaV... I am in need of 2 of the recorders, and I have a ceiling budget of 2000$.

What does everyone think would be the best option? 

This seems like the best option, but the reviews....

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1456049-REG/atomos_ninja_v_5_4k.html 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

here's my setup icannot say you are making a bad choice.

there are a few drawbacks like the fact that if you keep the evf / screen automatic swith you have a black frame on the recorder.

also i find it really annoying the fact that when you are in play mode and go back to filming the ninja v won't record unless you have switched back to record.

problem is sometimes you are on a rush and forget to hit the record button to get back to record mode.

thanks to my xt3 it has the sd cards for backup so at least i have the take on the sd but i wish it automaticaly starts to record when you trigger the camera despite of the mode you are into.

you want to keep the sd cards for backup files just in case

53792664_2222027367844020_1261926584873385984_n.jpg