Quality backpack suggestions?

Kisaha

On 3/28/2019 at 11:30 PM, Kisaha said:

Finally, I was split between the LowePro Tactic AW II 450 and the Tenba Axis 32L; in all honesty I was cheap out and went for the LowePro, was 185€ at the time, but the Tenba seems like the better bag!

I decided against a huge backpack for many reasons -including back pain and in flight baggage allowance.

The bag just arrived and it looks quite good and the protection system inside is - probably - much improved than older LowePro. Haven't used it yet, but the size/capacity ratio seems good, the bag looks good and is very discreet.

Some extra pouches are included, the materials and zippers seem just adequate (not impressed..).

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B07J1ZNZXF/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

https://www.amazon.de/Tenba-Backpack-Rucksack-liters-Schwarz/dp/B07HRGV7PZ/ref=mp_s_a_1_51?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1553804322&sr=8-51&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=tenba

Are you able to fit all the gear you mentioned in the first comment? If so, can you please submit an image. Thanks.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
13 hours ago, diyot said:

Are you able to fit all the gear you mentioned in the first comment? If so, can you please submit an image. Thanks.

of course not! Not even close..I tried some of the bigger backpacks, and were totally inconvenient for carrying around, and/or Air travels, so I decided to go with something slightly smaller (like this 450 LowePro or Tenba 32L, anything more is HUGE, and heavy). My main issue is that I have A LOT of equipment (like taking with me 2-3 bodies, and 5-6 lenses, and build from there) so it was a wishful thinking I could fit all in one backpack. If you add laptop/surface/sound/monitors/gimbal/360cameras/drone e.t.c is just too much.

But for a more "self-controlled" approach, or 1-2 days of specific shooting, it can fit a lot of stuff. If you can take 2 bodies, 3 lenses, drone, a Surface Go (instead of the laptop) and no gimbal, it can be quite good. I prefer it from older LowePro designs, and it can be quite deep.

Check these photographs from the Amazon review from 24 February 2019, he can fit a camera/lenses/accessories/a gimbal and a Mavic.

https://www.amazon.de/Lowepro-ProTactic-Camera-Laptop-Backpack/dp/B07J1ZNZXF/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

All in all, I remembered why I was avoiding back packs for so many years. The bag I use the most is the Vanguard Quovio 41 or 48 (don't remember which one I have).

I have it for 5 years now and it is being amazing. I found it more appropriate for video work, when you have some rigging going on already, open the bag and take what you need, the backpacks and similar bags are more photography orientated, or just to carry thing from place A to B, but not from A to B to C, back to A e.t.c!

Last job I fit there - quite easily - 3 bodies, 3 lenses, Surface Go, Focus 5", hard drives, too many batteries, chargers, cables, Sennheiser 25 headphones, Sennheiser MKH 440 and Rode Micro and a small Manfrotto tripod on top! I took the Mavic on its DJI bag, and no gimbal (actually I am not sure why I bought the Ronin S, I never use it!).

• 9 months later...
On 1/5/2019 at 11:22 PM, Kisaha said:

I am re-searching for a good quality backpack that can fit a couple of bodies, around 4 lenses, a couple of small Edelkrone stuff (they are very small!), the Mavic 2 Pro, a smallish 15" gaming laptop and a 10" tablet, and a lot of accessories. If it can fit the ronin S in there somehow, it will be a bonus (or a nesseccity, it depends).

I am looking for something like this

https://www.lowepro.com/us-en/pro-trekker-450-aw-lp36775-pww/

or this

https://www.manfrotto.us/pro-light-camera-backpack-3n1-36-for-dslr-c100-dji-phantom

If anyone has any experience or suggestion to share please feel free to do so.

MATEIN, Mancro, eBags have computer backpacks suitable for 15-inch notebooks. -Beautiful overall design. eBags' backpack is not flashy, but it looks good. In my job, I don't need to wear a suit and tie every day, but it works well. I own many things, bags, computer cases, electronics, etc. It has many different storage bags. I can do anything with these pockets, and everything that has pockets requires one.