Using LUTs w/ Atomos while shooting log

chadandreo

I have a question about shooting Log and using the Atomos Ninja V. Im pretty sure this will apply to any Atomos product released relatively recently. 

When filming in LOG with any camera that has LOG and the company provides a LUT for that LOG profile, which monitoring profile will be the most accurate? 
PQ or installing the LOG LUT provided by the manufacturer? 

With Fuji and F-LOG, which profile between FLog_FGamut_to_FLog_BT.709 and FLog_FGamut_to_WDR_BT.709 would be the most accurate for monitoring?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have the Assassin and while I used to load LUTs for on location preview, I now prefer to use the HDR options. It easily allows you to see what details are being recorded and for me always gave me better results after the grade.

Strangely even if I used the same LUT while editing as I did for preview, I didn’t like the end results and would end up fiddling anyway.